1. What information do we collect?
1.1. We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order or subscribe to our newsletter.
1.2. When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: name, e-mail address, mailing address or phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
2. What do we use your information for?
2.1 Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
2.1.1. To personalize your experience (your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs)
2.1.2. To improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you)
2.1.3. To improve customer service (your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs)
2.1.4. To process transactions (Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested).
2.1.5. To send periodic emails (The email address you provide for order processing, will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order).
3. How do we protect your information?
3.1. We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
3.2. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
3.3. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
4.1. Yes (Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
4.3. If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone or by contacting customer service.
5. Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
5.1. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
6. Third party links
6.1. Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
7. Personal Data Protection Act (Singapore)
7.1. By using this site, you agree to allow us to collect or use your information in an appropriate manner in accordance to the Personal Data Protection Act of Singapore.
9. Terms and Conditions
9.1. Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
10. Your Consent
12. Contacting Us
After reviewing this policy, if you have additional questions, want more information about our privacy practices, or would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
239 PANDAN LOOP #06-04, S128425, Singapore 128425, Singapore
Collecting Personal Information
- Device information
- Purpose of collection: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage to optimize our Site.
- Source of collection: Collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels [ADD OR SUBTRACT ANY OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES USED].
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify [ADD ANY OTHER VENDORS WITH WHOM YOU SHARE THIS INFORMATION].
- Personal Information collected: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what sites or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site [ADD OR SUBTRACT ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED].
- Order information
- Purpose of collection: to provide products or services to you to fulfill our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source of collection: collected from you.
- Disclosure for a business purpose: shared with our processor Shopify [ADD ANY OTHER VENDORS WITH WHOM YOU SHARE THIS INFORMATION. FOR EXAMPLE, SALES CHANNELS, PAYMENT GATEWAYS, SHIPPING AND FULFILLMENT APPS].
- Personal Information collected: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers [INSERT ANY OTHER PAYMENT TYPES ACCEPTED]), email address, and phone number.
- Customer support information
- Purpose of collection:
- Source of collection:
- Disclosure for a business purpose:
- Personal Information collected: [INSERT ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU COLLECT: OFFLINE DATA, PURCHASED MARKETING DATA/LISTS]
- Purpose of collection: to provide customer support.
- Source of collection: collected from you
- Disclosure for a business purpose: [ADD ANY VENDORS USED TO PROVIDE CUSTOMER SUPPORT]
- Personal Information collected: [ADD ANY MODIFICATIONS TO THE INFORMATION LISTED ABOVE OR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AS NEED.]
[INSERT FOLLOWING SECTION IF AGE RESTRICTION IS REQUIRED]
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of [INSERT AGE]. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children. If you are the parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address above to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfill our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our online store. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
- [INSERT INFORMATION ABOUT OTHER SERVICE PROVIDERS]
[INCLUDE FOLLOWING SECTION IF USING REMARKETING OR TARGETED ADVERTISING]
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- [INSERT IF APPLICABLE] We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- [INSERT OTHER ADVERTISING SERVICES USED]
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at https://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
[INCLUDE OPT-OUT LINKS FROM WHICHEVER SERVICES BEING USED. COMMON LINKS INCLUDE:
- FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- GOOGLE - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- BING - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: https://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfillment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
[INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING SECTION IF YOUR STORE IS LOCATED IN OR IF YOU HAVE CUSTOMERS IN EUROPE]
Pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), if you are a resident of the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we process your personal information under the following lawful bases:
[INCLUDE ALL THAT APPLY TO YOUR BUSINESS]
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
When you place an order through the Site, we will retain your Personal Information for our records unless and until you ask us to erase this information. For more information on your right of erasure, please see the ‘Your rights’ section below.
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to object to processing based solely on automated decision-making (which includes profiling), when that decision-making has a legal effect on you or otherwise significantly affects you.
We [DO/DO NOT] engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
Services that include elements of automated decision-making include:
- Temporary blacklist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This blacklist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary blacklist of credit cards associated with blacklisted IP addresses. This blacklist persists for a small number of days.
[Include the following section only if you sell personal information, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act]
Selling Personal Information
Our Site sells Personal Information, as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
- categories of information sold;
- instructions on how to opt-out of sale;
- Whether your business sells information of minors (under 16) and whether you obtain affirmative authorization;
- If you provide a financial incentive to sell information, provide information about what that incentive is.]
[INCLUDE FOLLOWING SECTION IF YOUR STORE IS LOCATED IN OR IF YOU HAVE CUSTOMERS IN EUROPE]
If you are a resident of the EEA, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you, to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information above. [OR INSERT ALTERNATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING ACCESS, ERASURE, CORRECTION, AND PORTABILITY REQUESTS]
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
[INCLUDE FOLLOWING SECTION IF YOUR BUSINESS IS SUBJECT TO THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT]
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to access the Personal Information we hold about you (also known as the ‘Right to Know’), to port it to a new service, and to ask that your Personal Information be corrected, updated, or erased. If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us through the contact information above. [OR INSERT ALTERNATIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR SENDING ACCESS, ERASURE, CORRECTION, AND PORTABILITY REQUESTS]
If you would like to designate an authorized agent to submit these requests on your behalf, please contact us at the address above.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login and region selection). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site or browse from one page to another. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
[Be sure to check this list against Shopify’s current list of cookies on the merchant storefront: https://www.shopify.com/legal/cookies ]
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.||2y|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.||24h|
|_shopify_country||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
|_shopify_m||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||1y|
|_shopify_tm||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||30min|
|_shopify_tw||Used for managing customer privacy settings.||2w|
|_storefront_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.||1min|
|c||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|cart_currency||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.||2w|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.||2w|
|cart_ver||Used in connection with shopping cart.||2w|
|checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||4w|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|dynamic_checkout_shown_on_cart||Used in connection with checkout.||30min|
|hide_shopify_pay_for_checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
|keep_alive||Used in connection with buyer localization.||2w|
|master_device_id||Used in connection with merchant login.||2y|
|previous_step||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|remember_me||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.||20y|
|shopify_pay||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|shopify_pay_redirect||Used in connection with checkout.||30 minutes, 3w or 1y depending on value|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.||2y|
|tracked_start_checkout||Used in connection with checkout.||1y|
|checkout_one_experiment||Used in connection with checkout.||session|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages.||2w|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages.||2w|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.||30min|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.||30min|
|_shopify_ga||Shopify and Google Analytics.||session|
[INSERT OTHER COOKIES OR TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES THAT YOU USE]
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
As noted above, if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail or by mail using the details provided under “Contact” above.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or our supervisory authority here: [Add contact information or website for the data protection authority in your jurisdiction. For example: https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/]
Last updated: [Date]